GUMINASE-P is a mixture of fungal ß-glucanases, pentosanases, amylases and endoproteases selected to improve the wort extract yield and the wort filtration rate when brewing with raw wheat or raw barley.
- To increase the wort extract yield by degrading the cell wall constituents improving the starch granules gelatinisation and allowing amylases to reach easier their substrate when brewing with high levels of raw wheat or barley.
- To improve the wort filtration rate by hydrolysing ß-glucans and pentosanes.
- Optimum 45-55°C.
- Optimum pH between 4,5 and 6,5.
- Guminase P is added in the beginning of the mash.
- Powder form in plastic or cardboard drums of 25-50 kg.
- 100% raw wheat brewing using exogenes amylases, and Guminase P
(rates: % w/w enzyme/wheat grains).
Guminase PExtract Yield (%)
Total sugars (g/100 ml)*
Free Amino Nitrogen (ppm)*
*Given for a 12°P wort
The use of Guminase P increases remarkably the wort extract yield, the filtration rate and the free amino-nitrogen content. This one may be still increased by using Endoinase (see the technical leaflet).