LIQUAMYL-B is a liquefying a-amylase working at 65-75°C. This liquefying a-amylase is ideal to liquefy the granules of starch (from rice, maïs, barley, wheat, …) during mashing giving higher wort filtration yields, higher extract yields and brighter worts. The starch liquefied by Liquamyl-B is ideally prepared to produce high levels of maltose when saccharified with malt, Maltosylase or Sorgamyl for sorghum starch.
- Optimum 65-75°C.
- Optimum pH between 4,5 and 6,5.
- To liquefy quickly gelatinised starch of any origin.
- To prepare starch for further saccharification with malt, Maltosylase or Sorgamyl allowing to reach higher levels of maltose.
- To improve the wort filtration yield when unliquefied starch is involved in wort filtration problems.
- To reach higher extract yields and brighter worts.
- In the brewhouse : at the start of the mash or in the maishe kettle.
- LIQUAMYL-B is avalaible in liquid form in blue dark polyethylene drums of 25 liters. The drums are packed in thermical isolated wooden boxes containing 20 drums.