LIQUAMYL-T is a thermostable liquefying a-amylase working at high temperatures (90-100°C). The thermostable liquefying a-amylase is ideal to liquefy the small granules of starch (from rice, maïs, barley, wheat, …) during the boiling of « maisches » as well as during the boiling of the whole mash giving higher wort filtration yields, higher extract yields and brighter worts The starch liquefied by LIQUAMYL-T is ideally prepared to produce high levels of maltose when saccharified with malt, Maltosylase or Sorgamyl for sorghum starch.
- Optimum 90-100°C.
- Optimum pH between 4,5 and 6,5.
- To liquefy quickly gelatinised starch of any origin by working at high temperature.
- To prepare starch for further saccharification with malt, Maltosylase or Sorgamyl allowing to reach higher levels of maltose.
- To improve the wort filtration yield when unliquefied starch is involved in wort filtration problems.
- To reach higher extract yields and brighter worts.
- In the brewhouse : at the start of the mash or in the maishe kettle or in the boiling kettle.
- LIQUAMYL-T is avalaible in liquid form in blue dark polyethylene drums of 25 liters. The drums are packed in thermical isolated wooden boxes containing 20 drums.
- For application examples of LIQUAMYL-T see technical leaflets of Maltosylase, Sorgamyl, Guminase and Endoinase.